Styra Load Introduction
Styra Load is an enterprise-grade drop-in replacement for the Open Policy Agent (OPA) that offers:
- Datasource integrations: Connect quickly to your Kafka, LDAP, S3 without needing to write or manage your own plugins.
- Secrets manager integration: Connect to HashiCorp Vault to securely use
- Logging integrations: Send your authorization decision logs to Splunk or Kafka.
- Live impact analysis: Check to see if your new policies impact production before they are merged.
- Lower costs: Use cheaper cloud infrastructure because Styra Load uses 10x less memory and 40% less CPU than OPA.
A trial license is required to evaluate Styra Load. Please register for a license at the Styra Load Free Trial page.
See the performance improvements for yourself
The following commands are used to try Styra Load.
brew install styrainc/packages/load
export STYRA_LOAD_LICENSE_KEY=<your license key>– (Register for a trial license)
load run -s https://dl.styra.com/load/bundle-load-400.tar.gz
The following commands compare Styra Load with OPA.
opa run -s -a localhost:8282 https://dl.styra.com/load/bundle-opa-400.tar.gz
Memory usage for both Styra Load and OPA peaks at launch. Wait a short time before checking the metrics to see typical operational figures.
- Learn how to install Styra Load or deploy onto Kubernetes.
- Follow one of our tutorials
- Learn how to migrate from OPA.